Prepare for Success
Your free online preparation course
Improve your academic expectations, skills and readiness on our free online preparation course – ahead of starting your academic programme in January 2024. This online course is designed to give you advice, guidance and support, so that you are ready to begin your academic pathway programme.
Why study this course?
This specialist course is designed for international students to introduce you to everything you need to succeed in your academic programme and beyond.
You’ll benefit from:
- A range of online self-study materials to access in your own time and at your own pace
- Developing life skills to help boost personal and social confidence ahead of arriving in your new study destination
- Practical advice about life in your new study destination
- Understanding what it takes to become a successful learner with practical advice about academic study.
From 4th December 2023
Course content: up to 15 hours of self-study content.
Available for three weeks from the point of enrolment.
What can you expect from the preparation course?
The Prepare for Success online preparation course will prepare you for your academic studies by focussing on three essential areas through self-study content:
- Life, learn more about intercultural skills, your study destination, and preparing for life and study in the UK
- Language, improve your English through language and skills modules, all with interactive activities to practise your learning along the way
- Learning, to develop confidence as a learner, and understand what it takes to become successful.
How to access the course
Getting started with your Prepare for Success course is easy. To access this course, all you need to do is confirm your place with us and begin paying towards your tuition fees.
1. Confirm your place
It’s important that you confirm your place on your academic programme in order to gain access to the preparation course. To secure your place, you will need to pay a confirmation payment made up of £1,000 security deposit and £260 administration fee.
2. Make your advance tuition fees payment
You will need to pay your advanced tuition fees as stated in your offer letter so you can access this online preparation course. Find out more about your confirmation payment and tuition fees on our fees page.
3. Start studying
After you have confirmed your place and paid your advanced tuition fees, you will receive further instructions about how to access the course.
Applying to Royal Holloway International Study Centre is easy and straightforward. Check entry requirements, tuition fees and see what you have to do before you arrive, from getting your student visa to arranging accommodation.
International Study Centre
The International Study Centre helps you prepare for undergraduate and postgraduate study at Royal Holloway, University of London. It is a dedicated learning space for international students, sharing the University's campus and facilities.
English Language Preparation
If you meet the academic entry requirements for our programmes but need help with your English language, you can join our English Language Preparation programme delivered fully online first.